Sunday, September 18, 2005

Spring, 2006 Fashion

I am definitely not a fashion maven or even a very well informed amateur. However, I look upon fashion as art and I cannot help but form some likes and dislikes of what comes down the runways. Here are some good and bad selections from the Spring 2006 shows.


Ralph Lauren
Perhaps the French nautical look is not entirely original, but I was happy to see all the fresh blues and the prettiness in the collection. Overall it was lovely, with a few notable exceptions, particularly when Lauren went overboard with the pirate chic.

Best:





Worst:





Carolina
Herrera
I really enjoyed this collection.
Herrera made use of wonderful prints and fabulous color combinations. The clothes looked fresh and charming, but classic (excepting the pink number, of course).

Best:











Worst:




Bagdley Mischka
Incredible use of beading.









Chado Ralph Rucci
Wonderful, but very simple, use of color. Also, fantastic use of details.











Willow
I don’t have too much to say about this. I just thought some of the pieces were beautiful.








Donna Karan
I found the Donna Karan collection boring and fairly uninspired. Though there were many attractive pieces, I didn’t like the profusion of bell/tulip skirts and the sometimes slouchy bodices that looked ill-fitting.

Worst:
(REUTERS/Seth Wenig)

Best:




Zac Posen
I enjoyed his use of beachy colors, like sand and sea glass. In fact, much of the collection put me in mind of mermaids and tea parties, with the flowing skirts and iridescent fabrics.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home